This meal is delicious any time of year and provides you with a healthy combination of whole grains, vegetables, and protein.
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces grass-fed sirloin steak, trimmed, cut into one-and-one-half inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, halved and cut into spears
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon red-chili flakes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook forty-five minutes, until tender. Let stand, covered, for five minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in scallions. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread beef on skewers. Season beef and zucchini with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Grill, turning, until cooked through and blackened in parts, about seven minutes. Serve over rice. Top with mint leaves and red-chili flakes. Serve with lime wedges.